Goals for 2009

So, I was just reading over at my buddy Nate's Static Broadcasts website and he posted something similar to this there, and me never being too proud to steal an idea, thought I'd make a list of my own. For the record, Nate is a fantastic writer who works mostly in the horror genre and you owe it to yourself to check him out. In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that we collaborated on two graphic novels together, and he's one of my friends, but despite that I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is on the rise. Anyway, I'm babbling a bit, so let me get back to my point.

As I mentioned, and as you can see from the title, this post is intended to be a run-down of the year's upcoming developments, mixed in with a bit of a wish list.

So, without further ado, what the heck am I going to be releasing in 2009? Here we go...


    Release the "Director's Cut" of Against the Wall (2009 Edition), written by Dino Caruso.
    Letter and Colour FISK: S.U.B.S.T.I.T.U.T.E. Hero and pitch that around. This one is also written by Dino.
    Finish drawing, lettering and inking that project with Chris Jones (www.uncannycomics.net).
    Finish Welcome, Welcome!, the children's book I'm doing with my friend and co-worker Mike Lawrence.
    FINALLY finish One Last Song, the mini-series I'm doing with CJ Hurtt, which is published by Brainscan Comics.
    There's my backburner project that I'd like to get going, the graphic narrative of the legend of Sioux Lookout, the town I live in. I think it'll clock in at 100+ pages, so that'll definitely carry over to 2010.
    I'd love to get some mainstream work also, but I say that every year, don't I?

Anyway, that's a bit of a peak into where I'd like to be by the end of the year... Maybe I'll come back and edit this post as I complete some of these things... Hmm, we'll see!
Be well and we'll see you on the con trail (but that's a whole other post!)

No comments: